Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Change in my BLOG name


NOT A FULL POST…JUST AN UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ

In order to more accurately represent what my blog is focusing on regarding the Battle of Gettysburg, I decided to change the title. It is my desire to create and maintain an inclusive blog that is able to attract readers of all backgrounds. Because of the human element attached to my blog, I feel that that title now as constructed better reflects my heart for this blog. I hope that you all continue to check in for future blogs. My next blog will focus on a College professor from Maine who decided to volunteer (in contrast to many being drafted) for the North, or the Union as an Army officer because he believed that ALL PEOPLE had value and thought that freedom FOR ALL was worth risking his life and leaving his family for. Any guesses on whom I will be blogging about next?

2 comments:

  1. I cheated and googled it. It is Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain. It has been a long time since I have seen the movie Gettysburg, but if I remember correctly, he was one of the main characters in the film. I went to Gettysburg in 1999. There was a feeling on those grounds that is hard for me to describe. I had a feeling of quietness, respect, and sadness. I'd like to go back there again sometime. Oh, by the way, I think the new title for the blog is a great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your next story from Gettysburg. I would never be able to guess who you would be writing about next. The second any teacher, or my dad, would begin talking about a war or most any other event from History my eyes would gloss over. I am excited about these stories though. You can be my History Teacher. Teach Away!

    I think the new blog title is more fitting- and would grab my interest much more!

    ReplyDelete